The Deployment history lists every deployment you've previously run through Gearset. It is also where you begin a deployment rollback, clone a package, or view detailed deployment reports.
Accessing deployment history
You can access your comparison history under the Metadata deployments > Deployment history menu.
Navigating deployment history
The deployment history contains a list of deployments run through Gearset. For each item, the following information is displayed:
- Owner: which Gearset user performed the deployment. Deployment history is shared amongst team members in Gearset, so you may see deployments in the history performed by other members of your team
- Type: Standard, or Rollback
- Deployment status: Successful, Failed, or In progress
- Source username: the source metadata location
- Target username: the target metadata location
- Friendly name: you can enter a name in here to make it easier to identify the deployment in the future (e.g. Sprint 3 March 2017). You can search for deployments by friendly name using the search box in the top right of the page
- Date: the date and time of the deployment
- Actions: a number of actions can be performed on any history item (see below)
Filtering and searching deployment history
You can search for items in your history using the search box above the table of results.
By default, the deployment history will display deployments carried out in the last 10 days. You can change this filter view by clicking on the date range to the right of the filter box.
The results can be sorted by column by clicking on a column header - by default they are sorted by date, with the most recent at the top.
You can also filter the history by deployment status. You can view all deployments (default), or only successful, failed, or in progress deployments or filter results by source and target location type.
Actions from deployment history
A number of actions can be performed from the Actions column. The actions depends on the deployment status.
For successful deployments:
- Clone package (learn more)
- Roll back deployment (learn more)
- View deployment details (see the items deployed)
- Download PDF deployment report
- Download CSV deployment report
- Download deployment package file
- Delete deployment history entry
For failed deployments:
- View errors (view a list of deployment errors)
- View comparison (view the original comparison used to create this deployment)
- Download the deployment package file, CSV deployment report and delete the deployment history entry
Download PDF deployment report
You can download a detailed PDF report for any deployment item in your history. This contains key information about the deployment, including the source and target locations, deployment time, tests, deployment notes (if added), and a list of components deployed.
Download CSV deployment report
For a full list of the metadata items deployed you can download a CSV export of the deployment.
The CSV contains each metadata item, their difference type, and the item name. It does not contain the raw XML for the metadata - to access this, download the deployment package.
Download deployment package file
This will download the full final-package.zip file that was uploaded to Salesforce during the deployment. Unzipping this will display the folder containing your metadata so you can see exactly what was deployed at the raw XML level.
This folder will contain the package.xml file along with your metadata. If your deployment contained deletions, you will also see a destructiveChangesPost.xml file.
Delete deployment history entry
To delete a deployment from your history, click the Delete button. This cannot be undone!