Gearset lets you compare any two Salesforce organizations or source control repositories and see the configuration differences between them. If you've new to Gearset, running a comparison is a great place to start.
To run a comparison, you'll first need to add some connections to your Salesforce orgs. Adding a connection lets Gearset access the metadata from that org.
- Log into Gearset and navigate to the
COMPARE AND DEPLOYtab (https://app.gearset.com/configure)
Choose source metadata location, click
- Enter the username for the org you want to connect to
- Select the org type from the dropdown (
Authorizeto proceed through the OAuth access flow
Allowwhen prompted by Salesforce
- Once an org has been successfully authorized, you'll see an orange tick next to the username. That connection will now be saved for easy re-use in future comparisons
- Repeat for your
target metadata location
- Once you have selected a source and target, the
COMPARE NOWbutton will become enabled
COMPARE NOWto begin your comparison
- Gearset will now retrieve the metadata from your source and target orgs, and show you the differences. Depending on the size of your orgs, this can take a few minutes.
- Want an overview of the results of your comparison? Read our guide on exploring comparison results.
- Want to learn more about adding connections and configuring your comparisons? Read our in-depth article here.