GDPR sets a new standard for how companies use and protect EU citizens’ data. This document gives an overview of the changes we've made as part of our GDPR compliance program.
What is GDPR?
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a comprehensive data protection law that came into effect on May 25, 2018. It replaced existing EU data protection law to strengthen the protection of personal data and the rights of the individual. It's a single set of rules which governs the processing and monitoring of EU data.
Our GDPR commitment
At Gearset we understand the kind of data that users trust Salesforce with, and Gearset has been built to respect that data and that trust. Your private information has, and always will be, treated with the utmost care and security. Gearset has committed to being fully compliant with GDPR.
How Gearset prepared for GDPR
As part of our initial preparation, we performed a series of data audits, internal reviews and third party supplier assessments. Once that information was in place, we began making changes across internal policies, our app, and our legal documents to reflect the new requirements that GDPR enforces.
We updated our website and privacy statements
- Our updated security page lists some of our approaches we use to protect your data from unauthorised access, including encryption and access controls
- We updated our data processing addendums
We updated the Gearset app
- For new users, you can set your marketing mailing preferences when creating a new Gearset account
- For existing users, we made it easy for you to manage your mailing list subscription status from the My Account page in the app (in addition to the link in any of our marketing emails)
- For automated application job notifications (such as CI or change monitoring), you can manage your email settings from within the job settings
- We've reviewed our internal access policies to ensure any access to customer information is limited to troubleshooting and customer support and is strictly controlled
- Our whole team is being trained to understand the requirements of GDPR and how we comply with it
- We've reviewed our partners and suppliers to ensure they are also compliant with the new regulations
Feel free to reach out to us via our in-app chat if you have any questions about GDPR, or email us at [email protected].